Easiest way to install Whatsapp on Nexus 7 / Galaxy Tab
Whatsapp is one of the most popular cross-platform instant messaging app for smartphones. It’s mostly used for chatting and sharing without any charges. But it is not officially launched for Android tablets. So to have Whatsapp running on your Nexus 7 or Galaxy Tab, read on for step by step guide to installing and activating Whatsapp without even have to root your tablet.
Step by step guide to installing Whatsapp on Android tablet without rooting
Before starting, you would need the following :
- Android tablet (this is the device you want to install Whatsapp on)
- A phone that is capable of receiving SMS text message (to activate Whatsapp)
Download Whatsapp from your Nexus 7 or Galaxy Tab browser. Click to download the current WhatsApp.apk file.
Note : Some sites would suggest downloading earlier versions of Whatsapp, preferable pre-ver 2.9.xxxx, as later versions won’t allow tablets to install. We will guide you through to overcoming that problem and have the latest version of Whatsapp on your tablet.
In your File Manager, look for the WhatsApp.apk file in the download folder, SDCard/download/
Install Whatsapp on your Nexus 7 or Galaxy Tab.
Then you would be greeted by the “Welcome to WhatsApp!” page. Congratulations! You have successfully installed Whatsapp on your Nexus 7 / Galaxy Tab.
This guide will let you install Whatsapp on your Nexus 7 or Galaxy Tab. But the application would not work without activation. It would show an error message “Note : tablets are currently not supported”. To solve this error, please follow the guide below on activating Whatsapp on your Nexus 7 or Galaxy Tab.
To activate Whatsapp on iPad or iPod, please click on this guide : How to activate Whatsapp on your Nexus 7 / Galaxy Tab without rooting.
Although this guide is based on Nexus 7 and Samsung Galaxy Tab, it will support most Android tablets, including :
- Nexus 7 (2012 version) Wifi
- Nexus 7 (2012 version) Wifi + Cellular
- Nexus 7 (2013 version) Wifi
- Nexus 7 (2013 version) Wifi + Cellular
- Nexus 10
- Galaxy Tab – GT-P1010 (WiFi), GT-P1000 (3G), SCH-I800 (Verizon)
- Galaxy Tab 10.1 – GT-P7510 (WiFi), GT-P7500 (3G), SCH-I905 (Verizon)
- Galaxy Tab 10.1v – GT-P7100
- Galaxy Tab 8.9 – GT-P7310 (WiFi), GT-P7300 (3G), SGH-I957 (AT&T)
- Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus – GT-P6210 (WiFi), GT-P6200 (3G)
- Galaxy Tab 7.7 – GT-P6810 (WiFi), GT-P6800 (3G), SCH-I815 (Verizon)
- Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 – GT-P3110 (WiFi), GT-P3100 (3G), SCH-I705 (Verizon)
- Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 – GT-P5110 (WiFi) Eu, GT-P5113 (WiFi) USA, GT-P5100 (3G), SCH-I915 (Verizon)
- Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 – SM-T210 (WiFi), SM-T211 (3G)
- Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 – SM-T310 (WiFi), SM-T311 (3G), SM-T315 (4G)
- Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 – GT-P5210 (WiFi), GT-P5200 (3G), GT-P5220 (4G)